Sunday, September 30, 2012

Why aren't things going my way??


http://morethansayings.blogspot.com
 Play this while you read!! Kari Jobe - Steady My Heart
                                          

Why aren't things going my way?

We ask ourselves this question a lot but in different forms
For example:
Why does it seem like everything is going great for that person and not me?
Why haven't I found a job yet?
Why haven't I found the right person to be with?
Why does it seem like I can't catch a break with school, bills, relationships or work?
When will this stress end?
Why does it seem like my best isn't enough?
Why can't we get along?
Why am I still waiting?
Why did I have to loose that person?
Why am I going through all of this?

It's totally normal to look at your current situation and question what's going on. It's normal to want to be happy, stress-free, fulfilled and accepted. It's normal to have doubts and strongly want a change.
I've asked myself all those questions. And some I ask on the daily, but I've found the solution. PRAYER.
I don't know about you, but have you ever prayed for something and when it got answered, you said to yourself, "There's no way anyone except God, could have done this"? Like the series of events were just set up so perfect that end result couldn't have just occurred by shear chance.

Story time: 

When I was 9 years old my parents decided that they wanted some space from each other. The fighting was getting way too much. Up until then, the fights always ended like this. Someone would always threatened to leave but no one would actually go through with it. But one summer in L.A was the breaking point and all bluffs were called. Our family was separated. I was initially supposed to stay with my dad in San Francisco but he wanted me to stay with my mom and little sister in L.A with my mom's relatives. It wasn't like a normal separation where the dad leaves completely and doesn't see the child for a couple months. My dad drove from SF to LA every Friday night and left Sunday after church. He did this every weekend for 5 years straight. Me and my sister would try and stay up usually until 2 o'clock in the morning waiting for him. Every time he would leave, my little sister and I would post at the window and just be happy that he visited, but angry and sad that this was the arrangement. We both didn't know how long this was going to be. We didn't know if they'd ever work things out. When he left I would sometimes run to my room, kneel and the floor and cry on my bed. At first I would blame God questioning his existence. I honestly told God that I hated him. And then I would calm down, wipe my face and pray. I would apologize for doubting him and let him know that I was saying all that stuff because I was hurting so much. I would pray and say, "Just keep him safe when he drives here this weekend please and keep our family together." I always thought it was just a matter of time that we would get a phone call, and the person on the other line would tell us that my dad was involved in a car accident and that he was never coming back. I would stress out every Friday night until I heard his keys open the front door. For 5 years I went through this cycle, doubting/being angry at God, blaming myself or someone, hating the situation and then praying my heart out.

Long story short, my parents decided to work things out and we moved back to the East Bay. A few months ago prior to graduating in May, I dropped my dad off in the morning at the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) station like I always did. But for some reason when I said goodbye and he left the car and I saw him walking away, I started to realize something. Pretty much everything was going my way. I was about to graduate, just finished my finals, got first place in the Science and Engineering Showcase and everything was good. But nothing compared to seeing my dad walk into that BART station. That I could actually see him everyday. It wasn't more than a block away that I just started to ball. Like tears dropping out of nowhere. Just being so emotional and was kind of laughing because this never happens. I'm a really serious mellow kind of guy most of the time. At that moment I knew everything fell into place because of my prayers and God's intervention. I was just so elated. There's no way God was absent in all this. God heard me and was looking out for me and our family. That whole experience in L.A. shaped me into the man I am today. The trials brought our family closer together, I know about sacrifice, I understand the power prayer, I understand real love, I understand what real support is etc, which I could have never understood fully unless this experience took place. My life could have went in a totally different direction if I didn't pray and have God as my anchor. Who knows who'd I end up being.

My message to you guys is that:
-God will never give you anything you can't handle.
-You are at this specific point in your life for a very specific reason that you probably won't understand until later
-God has a bigger plan for you
-the free will and sin of people cause trials and hardships. God isn't of that nature. He's the one that helps your situation. If something goes wrong it's not because of God. It's because of people and their choices. God gives you a way out. He gives you the tools even if you don't ask. But since he does thank God.
Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know well the plans I have in mind for you-oracle of the Lord-plans for your welfare and not for woe, so as to give you a future of hope"
Romans5:1-5 "Therefore since you have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access [by faith] to this grace in which we stand, and we boast in hope of the glory of God. Not only that but we even boast in our afflictions knowing that afflictions produce endurance, and endurance, proven character, and proven character, hope, and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out into out hearts by the holy Spirit that has been given to us."
Proverbs16:9 "The human heart plans the way, but the Lord directs the steps."
2Corinthians5-7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight."
-Everyone is going through some kind of struggle so also make yourself available to them. If you see someone struggling try and reach out.
Advice:
-Be grateful for what you do have (life, talents, loved ones, tomorrow's opportunities etc) 
-Go to your room, turn everything off and pray
Pray for strength, patience, and other tools to overcome your personal hardship.Thank him!
-Trust Him (He knows what he is doing)
Proverbs3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, on your own intelligence do not rely; In all your ways be mindful of him, and he will make straight your paths."
-Admit that you can't do it alone. That you are weak and need help (it's not a bad thing)
Ask for help from someone you trust (God could possibly be using them to help you out)
2Corinthinans12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me.
-Chill, Relax, Be PATIENT!!
Philippians4:6-7 Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Other inspirational quotes:
"Every storm is a school. Each trial is a teacher. Every experience is an education. Every difficulty if for your development."- Rick Warren (Pastor/Author)

"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results." -Anonymous

And......
Mary Stevenson's  "Footprints in the Sand"


The Katinas - Praying for You

The Katinas - One More Time
(Note: I use to listen to this when I use to trip about school and what I was doing with my life)

 

 -God Bless! P.S. If you need advice or help with something I'll try my best to help you out. If I personally know you hit me with a text or call anytime (That's what friends are for) or if you wanna stay anonymous brianjohn88@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment