Tuesday, September 25, 2012

P4CM Poets

I was always a lover of spoken word poetry. It's one thing to write what your heart says, but to regurgitate them and make those words have emotion and come to life, that's nuts. I was addicted to the whole Def Jam Poetry show, but I wanted to see if there were more spoken word artists like Jefferson Bethke that preached the message of God not about superficial love or problems of society  I hit a gold mine. I discovered the "Passion for Christ Movement" (P4CM poetry). Even though we're not of the same faith meaning Catholics believe we are justified by Faith and works and not by Faith alone (James 2:24) we still are brethren in Christ. We still love the same God and his son and are influenced and aided by the same spirit. Their poetry hits pretty hard. Makes you think. I think Catholics need more spoken word artists like these! Goosebumps foreal!




No comments:

Post a Comment