Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cross/Rosary wearing trend SMH


I typed this up and posted it on my Instagram a couple days ago hoping people would see it and realize that the Cross is not an accessory. I admit I wore the cross, scapular and bracelets and was wearing them while doing some shameful stuff, consciously embracing sinful acts. And that's why I'm letting you guys know because I'm embarrassed but I've changed and so can you.  I'm starting to understand the responsibility of letting people know that you believe in Christ. It's a serious matter. It should actually make you think and want to change when you see it. People all over the world have been put to death and martyred for worshiping that cross. And here you come along (my former self included) wearing it because celebrities are wearing it, because you think it looks cute with your outfit, because you want to represent that you're a Christian/Catholic and therefore a good person. I know it's a sin to get angry and pissed off but I'm working on it. Now that I've realized the truth I get so frustrated. My little sister can vouch for me. Being born and raised a Catholic Filipino means that I was born into a lot of faith influenced traditions. One tradition involves a statues of the Virgin Mary and Santo Nino (Baby Jesus) coming to our house and placed on a makeshift alter. During the evening we stop whatever we are doing and come and pray the rosary as well as other prayers. When I was younger I used to kick and scream to not do it, but as I got older I started to appreciate the prayers and what those actions represent as a whole. You're taking time out of your "busy life" and from the things you'd rather be doing to thank God for blessing you've received. You also pray to get through your daily hardships and for the people you've lost. I strongly doubt that those kids and adults who wear those rosaries nowadays around their necks like necklaces, actually use them for what they were intended for. You're not even supposed to be wearing them around your neck. It's disrespectful and that's what I've always been taught. I'm sure that there are some that do have the right intentions, but if your not one of them stop and educate yourself.

The reason I wear a cross is to remind myself that when I'm in public, I need to represent accordingly. I take on that responsibility that with every action that someones sees me doing, should be Christ-like. If I'm doing something not Christ-like I hope someone would catch and check me on it. I'm doing this so you won't feel embarrassed if someone does check you. The rosary is a beautiful prayer and you should learn how to do it. And go ahead and wear the cross, but just be conscious of what you represent.

How to pray the Rosary-

History about the Rosary-

Hypochristian- Karness (P4CM) <-------REALLY REALLY GOOD!!!!


Your lifestyle has got to match what you want to represent. These artists rep Jesus but do their lifestyles reflect his message and what was beaten and killed for? Look at their lyrics, look at their behavior. Don't idolize or support people with a clear Identity Crisis.

The whole you shouldn't judge others explained. 


This video is pretty intense. Viewer discretion is advised!!!!!! To be honest I was almost in tears after I watched this. I put it on here because it's the truth. It's what actually happened to those who believed in Jesus. All you guys who rep your faith with tattoos and jewelry, think about what the early Christians had to go through when they claimed to be a Christian.




No comments:

Post a Comment