Monday, September 24, 2012

Basic Info

I am 24 years old, Filipino, Catholic, Bay Area resident, just graduated from San Francisco State University with a B.S. in Civil Engineering. Passions: I love looking at unique art; mostly graffiti based and on my downtime I try to create my own pieces. I love playing pick up games mostly basketball. I’m not really a loyal fan to any NBA team (except 2002 Sacramento Kings), just really love watching the game and athleticism in general. Love to sing and dance whether I’m good or not I don’t think it matters because I’m not getting paid anyways for it and I’m going to keep on doing it no matter the response lol. Love hearing spoken word poetry and also write when I feel inspired. Right now I’m just looking for a job. Hopefully everything works out soon. I'm either at home studying, at the gym working out or playing ball, or at Church. I really enjoy the simple thing's in life. What I'm trying to get at is that I’m not so different from a lot of people my age walking around. 

What inspired me to start doing a blog? 

Recently, I want to say about 3 month ago, I decided to take my faith life seriously. You're probably asking what happened 3 months ago? I realized that I was living a double life. I'll get more into that in the next posts but on this one I'm just going to give an overview of what I want this blog to be.

I know for me I get more out of the message of a speaker/author if I can relate to them. If I’ve experienced similar obstacles and emotions, I connect very well. I take what they have to say to heart because they’ve experienced that event first hand. That’s what I’m trying to bring to the table. I want to be that individual you can relate to because of my struggles. I just want to share my experiences and drop some knowledge of what I’ve learned thus far about my faith (Catholicism), relationships (dating, standards…) etc. I’m all about trying to understand the bigger picture, seeking truth and trying my best to avoid hypocrisy. The only way to achieve those goals is if you educate yourself and keep asking questions. I’m just hoping that this blog will just help people in discovering themselves and question their lifestyles in order to change for the better. I don’t have all the answers. I’m making mistakes, repenting and learning everyday. But I don’t think that should hold me back from letting you guys know from my experiences what you should avoid and what to embrace. These blogs are just opinions and advice. Think of me as one of your friends looking out for you, not a random guy who is trying to judge or condemn you. It's all love.