Thursday, September 27, 2012

Music....Lies? Identity Crisis??

So I was a strong follower of Hip Hop and R&B. Loved the culture and the style, but mainly the music and dances. You know when you're on a date and you want to set the mood? What do you play? Slow Jams. I loved slow jams. Especially that Usher song Bedtime. I sung them all the time, in the shower, in my head before class etc. Then when you're trying to get hyped up before a party, club, or the gym you blast some slaps. I loved hitting the C-Walk, Dougie, Jerk, Hyphy Movement Dances (Giggin etc), dancing explicitly with girls when I listened to that music. Usually those songs talk about getting all the girls, swaggin out, getting faded, going hard wherever you're at, having fun, acting a fool and getting high. The music is used to boost your confidence before you get in. I specifically have an 8" Bazooka tube subwoofer in my trunk to amplify the bassline of those songs. When the bassline kicks in, it was time to wild out. That's the whole reason why
I used to club. And then..... I watched these videos. Before I never thought I was doing anything wrong by listening to that type of music. Didn't think I was doing anything wrong by imitating these artists lifestyles. Didn't think I was doing anything wrong by going to these clubs, promoting and showing my support for that type of music.

Do you like being lied to? Do you like being controlled? Probably not right. But how about if I told you that the world we live in controls how you think. How to act, dress and treat others. If you don't believe in God there's no problem for you when you listen to secular music (secular: of or pertaining to worldly things or to things that are not regarded as religious, spiritual, or sacred; temporal: secular interests). But if you do claim to believe in God, you like my former self, were victims of this Identity Crisis and Conspiracy. Once I watched these videos, I was happy that I learned the truth, put was pissed off that it took so long. It felt like I was living a lie. Another Double Life sort of thing. Like I say I love God but follow the people whose message is completely against his. 

The music I listened to had messages like, YOLO (you only live once). So you act a fool and party hard like there is no tomorrow (get drunk, get high, don't take responsibility, hook up etc.) It's a lie my friends. If you live for this world now, that's the only place you'll ever experience "happiness." I on the other hand believe that God prepared a place (heaven) which is more beautiful and magnificent than I could even describe or imagine. A place where all my deceased loved ones are waiting. If you believe in God you also believe this right? 

What's my point? These artists talk about things that will prevent you from inheriting God's kingdom. These artists are making you enemies of Jesus' message. Jesus said love your neighbor as yourself. These artists say have sex with girls before marriage (lust), get money, cars, clothes (greed, pride), kill anyone who comes in your way, gang banging (wrath, envy), get faded and high (gluttony). I don't know about you but those are people who are promoting sin. Sin is bad. Jesus died for sins. Consciously embracing sin will hold you back from eternal happiness. 

But you say "but some of there songs are about empowering individuals and giving them motivation." But check this, how about it's a conspiracy that we're all apart of? They lure listeners with "good" songs about love, about having self-respect, about helping the environment, treating each other with respect. And then they, on the same CD talk about lustful and prideful things. Prime example Beyonce. You think she's a role model right? Her song "Listen" is empowering women to be heard and be respected. Her other song "Check On it" she says to the guy "I'm sure that I can please you" while dancing around lustfully. Is that a girl who respects herself and her body. Little girls will watch "Listen" and admire her, and then will watch "Check up on it" and try to imitate her. Think about it. She's not the only puppet. Watch These videos please please please! Don't be a hypocrite. You can't support God if you're supporting something that is against what he stands for (died for even). 

There are alternative artists. Right now I'm listening to a lot of Christian Hip Hop (Andy Mineo, Trip Lee, Lecrae). I also listen to The Katinas. I'm not saying all mainstream music is bad, just don't be blind in choosing who to listen too.Why not listen to something that will inspire you, that will give you peace instead of music that doesn't do anything for you except makes your head bob, or makes your heart all fuzzy. I'm telling you there are some inspirational/worship songs that slap! :)               
    
                                     Tedashii- Dum Dum (THIS SLAPS!!!!!)


The Truth shall set you FREE ;)
Music- Jose Palos


                              2007 BET Awards interview prt1 (Beyonce WOW?!)

                                                       The Truth!!!! 

                                          Kanye West vs. Jesus' mission?


No comments:

Post a Comment